Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year! Now, let's write!

It’s hard to believe it’s a new year, but boy, am I glad. It hasn’t been the greatest start so far for me (car wreck, stomach virus and other assorted problems), but by golly, I’m determined to make sure the rest of it is just plain awesome!

What have I been up to? Writing. That’s it, in a nutshell.

I got ambitious last month and decided to try my hand at writing not one, but two manuscripts simultaneously. Some might call me crazy. I call myself …well, I haven’t decided yet. Probably crazy, unless it works out, then I’ll gladly wear the hat of genius! I know. I’m scaring myself too.

I’m currently working on the second book in my paranormal romance series. The first book was sent as a partial to my first-choice of publisher, and a full manuscript was requested by them in return. Now I am waiting to hear if they want to publish it. Cross your fingers, people. My kitty needs to eat.

Plus, I really like the finished story. I’d really like to share it with the reading world, and wrap up the overall plot by completing books two and three, which have been carefully outlined and hidden in a place only me (and my cat) know about.

While I was working on book two of that series, I saw a headline that intrigued me so much I started thinking, “Wouldn’t that be a hilarious premise for a romance novel?” And another manuscript was started. This one is a straight-up contemporary romance with comedy elements — and maybe a dash of the paranormal, too, depending upon how you look at it.

I’ve never done this type of writing before, so it should be interesting to see the end results of each. I’ve been trying to write one chapter of each story a day. Sometimes I meet that goal. Sometimes I do not.

Should be interesting…

1 comment:

The WRITE Busienss Solutions said...

I have always loved your comedy! I can't wait to read this book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...