Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lucky 7--Seven Lines from my WIP

I was tagged by the fabulous Abby Niles in this fun little writer game and figured, ha! Why not? I'll play your silly little game (and love it). Unfortunately it's taken me a few days to find the time to do this, but here goes.

Here are the rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 other authors

I'm amazed I am past page 77 on my newest WIP to do this, but my newest story is tentatively titled "Like Cats and Dogs."

Here are the 7 lines for this game, featuring my hero Zachary Collins and one of the furry secondary characters.

Excerpt:
The light coming through the curtains stung Zach’s eyes sometime later. There was also an unfamiliar weight on his chest, and when he blinked his vision into focus, a pair of almond-shaped eyes were staring back at him.

Get out.

Zach started, but the action didn’t jostle the cat. It was lying on his chest as if it had been there a while. Watching him sleep.

Are you an idiot? We don’t want you here. Leave.

The cat’s left paw stretched toward Zach’s neck. Its claws flexed and pierced his skin. A slight purr followed the action.

“Aw, look.” Hannah’s voice came from somewhere behind him. “Abbott likes you.”


Now I'm tagging:

1) Veronica Scott
2) Cindy Spencer Pape
3) Cathy Perkins
4) Melinda Leigh
5) Jeffe Kennedy
6) Natasha Hoar
7) Sharon Cullen

3 comments:

Veronica Scott said...

I love the excerpt - you've got the cat's voice all right! LOL! Thanks for tagging me (truly, it's a fun meme), got tagged once already but I'll put up a seven from another WIP and tag MORE people Mwahhhhhh!

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Thanks for the tag! I looked and I'm afraid that particular section of my WIP is definitely x-rated. Oops!

Cathy Perkins said...

Oops - pick a WIP, pg 77, hmmm

Love your excerpt & I think I've heard that cat - they can be demanding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...