Monday, July 8, 2013

Come hop with me: The Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop!


Hi everyone! My friend, the fabulous author Sandra Jones, kindly invited me to participate in the Tasty Summer Reads Hop with a bunch of great authors celebrating new releases this summer. If you're looking for a great summer read, simply hop from blog to blog checking out the various authors' books. Please, when you're done reading my post, check out the authors I invited to participate below!

Now, about my fun summer read, ON THE SCENT, available July 25 from Harper Impulse ...

Hannah Dawson has a big problem: she’s just become the unexpected owner of a snarky cat, a loveable but not-so-bright dog… and their $10 million fortune!

Which would be awesome if it hadn’t made her the target of every wacko in the metro Atlanta area. Now Hannah and her famous pets need protecting. And there’s only one man who can help them…

Enter Zachary Collins: ex-TV star of ‘The Psychic Detective’ and street-wise private investigator – all 6 foot blue-eyed gorgeousness!

Only Zach’s got secrets of his own… not least that he finds Hannah, his client, irresistibly hot. The more time he spends keeping her out of harm’s way, the more he’s tempted to give in to the attraction and break all his own rules.


Now, to answer the blog hop questions about myself...

1) When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?
Yes, I am terrible about snacking without even realizing I'm doing it. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but potato chips are my personal form of Kryptonite. I can't resist them!

2) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of her pants? Are they real pants or jammies?
Not much of a plotter or outliner, I'm afraid.  I am totally a pantser - and my pants are usually either blue jeans or my comfy Superman jammy pants when I'm writing. :)
 
3) When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?

In all honesty, I rarely cook or bake, but I'm great at following the directions on boxes! And when I do cook or bake, I follow the instructions...mostly.

4) What is next for you after this book?

I'm finishing the second book in this series and starting on the third. I really love these characters and have had such a fun time intertwining their stories! Fingers are crossed readers will enjoy each book just as much as I have.

5) Last Question...on a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?
My book probably lands somewhere in the middle, but closer to the slightly naughty side of the scale. Um, maybe a four?

Now, my recipe!

Pea-Nutty Snacks for Dogs
What you'll need:
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of oatmeal
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of chicken broth

Mix the flour with the oatmeal and cinnamon and set it aside in a bowl. Next, mix the peanut butter, water and chicken broth, and microwave the mixture for 15 to 30 seconds until it forms a smooth liquid. Add the liquid mix to the flour mix and stir until dough forms.

Shape the dough into small balls or flat cookie-shapes, then place them on a cookie sheet that's been lightly coated with a non-stick spray. Bake at 325 degrees (160 degrees Celsius) for 15 minutes and allow the treats to cool in the oven.

****
Thanks for stopping by! Now, continue the blog hop by checking out these awesome authors on the Tasty Summer Reads Blog Hop!

Sandra Jones  |  Charlotte Phillips  |  Rae Rivers   |  Ruth A. Casie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Superman jammies and Kryptonite! Love it! Great post, Angie, and thanks for the tag.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...