Friday, February 7, 2014

Fun Friday Q&A with author Wendy Lou Jones!


Wendy Lou Jones
Today I'm thrilled to host one of my newer author friends from across the pond, author Wendy Lou Jones, whose book "The Songbird and the Soldier" from Harper Impulse is a perfect treat for fans of Nicholas Sparks. I adore British things and people, so I thought it would be fun to put Wendy through the Q&A wringer so we can all get to know her better.

Without further ado...

Angela: Welcome to my blog, Wendy! Describe yourself in 5 words or less.

Wendy: Oh, cruel! Let me think… Honest, determined, stubborn and caring.

Angela: Can I add funny to that — because you're pretty funny on Facebook. Just sayin'. Next question. I'm a big geek, so I have to ask: Are you a member of any fandoms (TV/film/books)?

Wendy: I’ve not heard the word ‘fandom’ before, so I don’t think so. But I am a fan of Richard Armitage, does that count?

Angela: Of course! I'm a card-carrying member of the fandom of Henry Cavill, but that's another matter. Er, describe your ideal man or woman.

Wendy: He’d have to be noble, kind, honest, hard working, black-haired, blue-eyed, lean, muscular, (melting in a puddle on the floor here) good sense of humour, um… not hugely mad about sport and have selective blindness to all my faults. I’m pretty easy going really. ;-)

Angela: I think I already know, but celebrity crush?
Richard Armitage (yummy!)


Wendy: Richard Armitage (a British treasure who has done a flit to the States and is currently to be found bearded-up in The Hobbit!)

Angela: I might have a new British actor to crush on now, thank you very much! Okay. You can invite five people to dinner, living or dead. Who would you invite?

Wendy: Now I thought long and hard about this one and I thought about my dad. He died a few years ago and I thought what an opportunity that would be. But then I realised, in the end, I’d have to say goodbye again, so… maybe not. Okay. Do I have to cook? Because if I do, I’m not going to play this game anyway. (You may have noticed ‘Domestic Goddess’ was not on my list of words I used to described myself!) But if they’re happy to have chips from the chippy, um…

Aforementioned heart throb, Richard Armitage (are you sensing a theme running through here?), Michael MacIntyre (comedian – very funny), Steve Irwin (Australian crocodile conservationist – loved him), Bernard Cribbins (actor - was ‘big when I was little’ in children’s stories, TV and CD and still working today – love to listen to his voice) and better have another girl, what about… Tilda Swinton (actress who played the White Witch in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – hopefully she would teach me two-handed sword fighting, after the chips had gone down, of course.)

Angela: What about me?! You wouldn't invite me to this dinner so I can get to know Richard Armitage better?! Okay, I'm the hostess and I'm cooking, er, ordering pizza. There, I'm in.

Thanks for visiting, Wendy. Here's more info about your awesome book:

THE SONGBIRD AND THE SOLDIER
 An emotional, intense love story. Perfect for fans of Nicholas Sparks.
Where do you turn when the first casualty of love is the truth? 
Sometimes it's when you least expect it that something wonderful happens, but for Andy Garrington the timing couldn't have been worse. Being sent half way round the world to Afghanistan, Andy is prepared for a fight, but what he doesn't expect is the most important battle of his life to carry on at home. For Samantha Litton, running into her childhood crush at the pub one evening seems like good fortune. But when he is called away to war and she is left behind, things don't seem quite so clear and Sam has to determine who is telling her the truth and who is playing her for a fool, when all seems fair in love and war.
Buy links: Amazon UK | Amazon US

Learn more about Wendy at her website: www.wendyloujones.weebly.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, you can come to my dinner, Angela, but no sneaking off with Richard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...