Friday, March 7, 2014

Fun Friday Q&A with author Lori Connelly

Lori Connelly
It's my pleasure to host author Lori Connelly today. Lori writes historical westerns with yummy heroes and is also an all-around nice person. I know this because Lori coordinates the Written Fireside stories written by multiple authors and does an amazing job at it, too (seriously, she hasn't complained...not once!). If you're not familiar with her books from Harper Impulse, what are you waiting for? Snatch up her Men of Fir series starting with The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge and The Lawman of Silver Creek.

And now, let's get down to showcasing my awesome investigative skills by grilling her a little.

Angela: Welcome to to my blog, Lori! Okay, tell us. How would you describe yourself in five words or less?

Lori: Curious, empathetic, shy, imaginative and compassionate

Angela: Total geek here, so this question is a must for me. Are you a member of any fandoms (TV/film/books)? If so, which ones?

Lori: I’ve never officially joined any fan site. However while I may not belong to a ‘Browncoat’ site, I’m a HUGE fan of the series Firefly & its spin-off movie, Serenity. I own the entire series and the movie AND still watch episodes when they play on the Syfy channel. (Browncoat is the name given to fans of the space western tv series Firefly. The term started as a nickname of the Independence fighters who wore brown dusters as uniforms.) http://www.browncoats.com/ ^_^

Angela: *high fives Lori* A fellow Browncoat! Awesome!  I adore anyone who knows what I'm talking about when I mention Captain Tightpants and quote Kaylee. Okay, back to business. Describe your ideal man or woman.

Lori:  Ideal? Intelligent, curious, and imaginative, must like animals and nature, (if dog hair and getting dirty irritate him, he is not for me) confident not cocky, broad shoulders and dark hair.

Angela: *nodding in agreement* Celebrity crush? (*Thinking, she's gonna say Nathan Fillion*)

Lori: The space cowboy turned writer, Nathan Fillion.

Angela: *high fives Lori* You can invite five people to dinner, living or dead. Who would you invite?

Lori: Harry Lewis, my grandpa, who passed on when I was 15. He was an opinionated man. I’m certain I would’ve had several arguments with him had he lived, but I loved him dearly, I’d give almost anything for a chance to visit with him again. Elmer Way, my maternal grandfather. He died when my mom was 7 so we never had the chance to chat. He was born in 1894, a fact that has held an odd fascination for me and is why I decided to set my Men of Fir Mountain series in the 1890s. Nathan Fillion, my favorite space cowboy. What can I say? The singer, Pink. I’m a huge fan. She seems intelligent, passionate, fun and an extrovert. Since I’m quite shy in person, I think she’d help keep the conversations flowing. And Stephen King. Even though I’m not a horror story fan, I loved his “On Writing” book and an opportunity to pick his brain would be awesome.

Angela: Awesome choices! Thank you, Lori, for stopping by. 

For the rest of you, please stop by any of Lori's links and get to know her better. Lori's links: Harper Impulse Website My Blog Facebook Twitter Pinterest Goodreads Wattpad Written Fireside Google Plus Amazon Author Page.

And check out her latest, The Lawman of Silver Creek, now available.

As sheriff of Silver Creek, Matthew Marson’s job is to look after his town. But when he fails to protect the most important person in his life, Claire, from an attack, Matt feels as though he will never be able to forgive himself.
Her husband-to-be’s newly found overprotectiveness drives the headstrong Claire from his arms. She can’t see a future with a man who won’t allow her to follow her dreams.
In a small town where everybody knows your name and your business, it’s impossible for the pair to stay apart, especially as Claire finds that she can’t completely turn her back on the lawman that she loves.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...