Friday, April 11, 2014

Fun Friday Q&A with author Eleri Stone!

Eleri Stone
 I am very happy to have on my blog today an all-around awesome person, fellow geek, and author, Eleri Stone, who I'm proud to say recently finaled for a RITA award for her paranormal book Witch Bound. Eleri and I are chums who both contribute to the Here Be Magic blog, and I absolutely adore her writing. Her latest book, Reaper's Touch, is a fantastic read. Go. Buy a copy and read it. Now.

Well, after you read my interview with her, that is.

Angela: Welcome to my blog, Eleri! Describe yourself in five words or less.

Eleri: Mother, wife, writer, reader, geek

Angela: *gives high five* So how did it feel to get nominated for a RITA this year?

Eleri: Incredible. I nearly dropped the phone when I heard the news. It’s still sinking in.

Angela: Congratulations again, and I'm rooting for you! You know I'm a total geek, so I always ask people: Are you a member of any fandoms (TV/film/books)? If so, which ones?

Eleri: GOT, Doctor Who, Sleepy Hollow, TWD, LOTR… I might watch too much TV.

Angela:
Nonsense, woman! No such thing as too much TV. (I have to say that because I do. I watch too much TV). Anyway. Describe your ideal man or woman.

Eleri: Oh, this one is easy. My husband. We’ve been married almost 19 years and he’s still the best person I’ve ever known.

Angela: Wow, that's wonderful! Congratulations! And you do not look old enough to have been married 19 years. Just sayin'. Okay, next question. Celebrity crush?

Eleri: Fassbender and Hiddleston are two of my favorites. They’re very different actors, but they both do an excellent job of playing the villain. It’s a rare talent, I think. And they’re not half bad to look at either.

Angela: You can invite five people to dinner, living or dead. Who would you invite?

Eleri: I would invite my parents who died young and my children who didn’t get a chance to know their grandparents. I always feel badly when I’m asked this question. Maybe I should just make something funny up, but honestly? Just the thought of my parents and children together makes me happy.

Angela: I think that is a lovely and perfect answer, Eleri. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Good luck on the RITA!

You can learn more about Eleri and her books by visiting her website, http://eleristone.com/ Please also check out Eleri's latest release, Reaper's Touch by Carina Press:

Abby is a Ranger, part of an elite group who defend the border against Reapers-humans infected with a parasite that turns them into mindless cannibals. Rangers are immune to Reaper infection, and as one of the only female Rangers, Abby is expected to settle down and breed more Rangers-a fate she's keen to avoid. When she's ambushed on the plains, she's ready to go out with guns blazing-until a mysterious, handsome cowboy rides to her rescue.

Jake has his own motives for helping Abby, beyond aiding a damsel in distress. He's a Reaper, and while he's learned to wrest control of his mind from the parasite, the effects won't last without a permanent cure. And he needs Abby to get it.

Abby and Jake are natural enemies and unlikely partners. But when their search reveals a conspiracy between Reapers and the rich industrialists who own the mountain cities, they must work together to find the cure-or lose the border, and each other, forever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...